Pi to 110,100 binary places

11.0010010000111111011010101000100010000101101000111001

I was bored.

Comments

11 Responses to “Pi to 110,100 binary places”

1. Rob on June 7th, 2007 11:09

Erm… wouldn’t that be to ‘binary places’?

I can’t be bothered to check this, but have you done this by giving the first ‘1’ after the point a value of (in decimal) 1/2, the second ‘0’ is 1/4, the third ‘1’ is 1/8, etc, etc?

2. Steve on June 7th, 2007 23:33

Look, I’ve worked it out to 53:
    11.00100100001111110110101010001000100001011010001110010

(Actually, I haven’t. I’ve just guessed that last digit because I’ve got some drying paint that needs watching, but there’s a 50:50 chance of getting it right. Now, if someone can spare any time to check it for me, I’d be very grateful.)

3. Jon on June 8th, 2007 05:46

Clearly not enough drying paint to stop you posting this comment.

4. Steve on June 10th, 2007 19:15

Indeed not! Or this one…

5. Jon on June 12th, 2007 04:08

Does anyone know of some large walls of paint that are drying for Steve to watch, instead of having to go through the torture of adding comments here?

Or is anyone willing to paint large patches of paint so that Steve can watch them drying?

What did people do before they had blogs to swap friendly banter – rumour has it that they did it in person, but I’m not going to fall for that kind of crazy theory.

6. Steve on June 12th, 2007 23:22

Easy there Jon, you’ll do yourself a mischief getting worked up over nothing…

Hmm, I am a bit disappointed that you seem to have missed the point here, and your over-reaction is just a likkle bit unwarranted, but c’est la vie.

Personally I would never post anything on this blog that, I believe, would cause Dan, or anyone, offence. Ergo, the posts above incorporate something I like to call “humour”. For the benefit of slower-witted readers, Jon, a definition of “humour” can be found here:

I’d encourage you to take particular note of the second definition: 2. the faculty of perceiving what is amusing or comical. – for example “Jon is completely without humour.”

I’m not saying you necessarily have to find me funny, and if one day you were to exhibit a comical side there’s an equal chance I could find you toe-curlingly unfunny or side-splittingly hilarious. However, I feel certain that I at least possess the ability to recognise something as humourous should you feel the urge to contribute it.

The last thing I want to do is use Dan’s blog to engage in some sort of cyber-fisticuffs. A return to the “friendly banter” you mention would be most welcome, though I’d like to invite you not to be quite so tetchy.

7. elise on June 13th, 2007 01:09

i quite enjoy a bit of virtual fisticuffs, myself. carry on, i say! perhaps i should encourage it by saying rob’s website looks like it was designed in 1998 and steve is acting like an overprotective mum of someone else’s blog (who, incidentally, is not averse to a little back and forth). who else can i insult?

8. Jon on June 13th, 2007 07:36

Steve and all,

Just shows how things can be mis-understood – I’ve been very enjoying and chuckling while commenting – so thank you Steve, the banter is MUCH appreciated and with humour is absolutely fine by me!

Perhaps dark humour doesn’t translate so well at times.

I thought the whole ‘anyone care to paint some walls so Steve can watch them dry’ was quite funny, but maybe I’m very wrong – wouldn’t be the first time.

And there’s Elise showing some teeth – I’m a sucker for punishment so Elise, go on, give it your best shot – I dare you 🙂

Anyone remember the days when blogs were there for people to post things they are interested in and receive other people’s comments about it, rather than just an excuse for a bunch of people to talk to each other.

What is this Pi nonsense anyway?

With love to all, including Dan, lest he feels left out of this conversation,

Jon

9. Dan on June 13th, 2007 08:41

Who are all you people?

10. Art Vandelay on June 13th, 2007 09:45

I’m not wearing any underwear.

11. Steve on June 13th, 2007 19:03

At this point I’d like to suggest a group hug (though excluding Art Vandelay seeing as he’s “going commando”).