iTunes cannot read the contents of your iPhone [solved]

I received the above message (without the [solved], funnily enough) this evening when plugging my iPhone into my laptop.  I think I may have disconnected mid-sync. last time I connected the two, so my bad.

I was worried.  So I did some research.  And I solved the problem thus:

Bob was indeed my uncle and the job was a goodun.  This was the main source of my research.  Thank you.

Comments

215 Responses to “iTunes cannot read the contents of your iPhone [solved]”

1. Dr.V on February 15th, 2013 06:26

Fabulous fix! Worked perfectly well with my iP4S on 6.1. Thanks so much for this post!

Had a lil trouble finding the iTunes_Control folder, but eventually found it. In case anyone’s looking for it, thru iFunbox, navigate to:

Device>Var>Mobile>Media>iTunes_Control>iTunes
    then follow instructions as mentioned!

Cheers again! Thanks a ton!

2. yinka on March 13th, 2013 08:16

thanks man this work for me like a magic

3. Christopher on March 13th, 2013 23:29

Thanks a lot! :)

4. olly on April 10th, 2013 11:42

OMG thank you soo much, i was struggling with this promblem for about 2 months. this is helped me a lot. thanks man

5. Hans on May 15th, 2013 15:52

It really works.
    Many thanks,

6. chris on June 21st, 2013 02:53

Im getting the error message on my ipod.
    I have read all the replies but most are for iphones. If i use any of the above websites to delete the itunesDB will I lose my music? My concern is that my music is not backed up and the files are not save as I delete them from my library. The music is only stored on my ipod. Itunes tells me to restore my ipod but I fear I may lose everything. Also I plugged in another ipod to my itunes and it works just fine. any help would be great.

7. Maunty on August 1st, 2013 04:21

This was SUCH a save thanks a million…if you’re reading this do what it says it really does work!!!! Saved me big time

8. Chloe on August 20th, 2013 13:36

Since downloading ifunbox and deleting the folders “itunesCDB, ituneprefs and itunescontrol” i am now receiving the following message when i try connect to itunes,

There is a problem with your iPhone.
    Please visit the Service Answer Center to find answers to all your questions about service options, warranty and other processes in your country.

I’m not sure if there is something i am missing… i am trying to download the latest update for iphone but it keeps saying 2 hours remaining
    please somebody help! :(

9. Chloe on August 20th, 2013 14:15

After deleting the 3 folders my itunes keeps coming up with
    There is a problem with your iPhone.

I am currently downloading the latest version of Itunes for my phone but i’m worried that may not be the problem.
    please somebody help! :(

10. sandeep on October 7th, 2013 14:54

love u man it worked for me on iphone 4s thankyou very much…

11. Jacki on October 13th, 2013 20:20

Three years later this is still a lifesaver.

Thank you!!!!

(I rolled back iTunes from (the horrendous) v.11 to 10.7 and it caused an issue stating Apple Mobile Services wasn’t running. Looked everywhere and this fixed it.)

12. Jacquelyn on December 29th, 2013 01:10

This worked perfect. Thanks so much. It had been over a year since I had synced. I don’t look like I lost my music, at least not the stuff on the phone. Not sure if it all moved to the computer though.

13. chris on April 3rd, 2014 10:46

Deleting the iTunes_Control/iTunes/itunesCDB worked like a charm. All the music was still there.

14. marts237 on September 24th, 2014 09:51