My first 100-comment post
Today marked a milestone for Tangential Ramblings. One of my posts notched up an incredible 100 comments.
To put that into perspective, the entire blog has recorded 2,349 comments across its 1,703 posts, an average of 1.38 comments per post. If I blogged to generate comment, I would have given up the best part of seven years ago.
Putting aside the 100-comment post for a moment, the next most comment-heavy post has seen 17 comments, and only six posts have hit double-figures.
The post that has stood out as an outlier is titled iTunes cannot read the contents of your iPhone [solved]. Its title is an iPhone error message that I encountered some 12 months ago, one that I researched and eventually solved. There wasn’t a single solution out there that I could use, so I wrote one.
And in so doing, I’ve helped 100 people who’ve suffered the same issue who were happy to comment. And, I expect, ten times that number who haven’t commented.
That’s reward in itself.
For those that are interested, below are the top seven posts by number of comments:
- iTunes cannot read the contents of your iPhone [solved]: 100 comments
- Grouping of phone numbers: 17 comments
- Pi to 110,100 binary places: 11 comments
- How are you? Not bad: 10 comments
- SUMPRODUCTIF: 10 comments
- Invention: Sellotape with a coloured tear: 10 comments
- The happiest day of my life: 10 comments.